Queensway Baptist Church will be hosting an outdoor Worship Service Sunday June 27th
What will Sunday look like?
1. As we enter Step 1 of the Provincial and Brant County reopening plans, we will be able to have an outdoor service with capacity limited to permit 2 meters physical distance.
To do this within the guidelines, please note the following:
- For traceability, everyone planning to attend must register following the same procedure as before (online registration or call in to the office by Friday June 25)
- Members of the same household will be ushered to go directly to the clearly marked pre-assigned areas to ensure 2 meter physical distance. Meeting area is the parking lot side grass area (See graphic below)
- Per the guidelines, since we are outdoors masks are not mandatory. However, we ask that people wear masks on the way to and from their pre-assigned area. Once inside the area, masks are optional.
- Washrooms will be accessible through the parking lot entrance, limiting one person at a time. All other areas of the church are not accessible. Please wear your mask as you go to and from the washroom to your designated area.
- The service will also be livestreamed on our YouTube Channel and Facebook Page.
- The lyrics for the songs will be emailed on Friday June 25th. We ask that you use your mobile device to have lyrics on Sunday, or print them out at home. We will have limited printed copies at the church for those that cannot have them electronically.
- Live worship music and congregational singing, as well as reading scripture, prayer and preaching.
- Offering will NOT be collected physically during the service. We ask that you continue to give joyfully through our online giving or any other arrangements made.
2. Please bring your own lawn chairs and dress appropriately (Suggestion to bring an umbrella for shade). Anyone wishing to remain in their car will be able to do so if they wish, however we do not have the equipment to broadcast the audio to vehicles, so you will need to have windows down and try to listen. Vehicles must be parked with engines off.
3. If the weather forecast looks inclement on that Sunday morning, by 9 AM a decision will be made to go forward or not. Please tune in to the YouTube channel or Facebook Page, Slack, or your emails to know the plans for the service outdoors or if postponed to the following week due to weather. In that case, we ask that you join us via the Livestream at home. 4. After the service, we ask that you make your way directly to your vehicle or make your way home. Once the service is over, the gathering ceases to be an religious service and it becomes an outdoor gathering, which has limits to 10 people, and will not be obeying the guidelines on church property if we all remain to socialize. We must resist the urge to gather and socialize on the church property. One suggestion is that if you wish to socialize further, you can make arrangements to meet at a local park or venue. .
5. Entering and exiting the parking lot will be through the Queensway Street entrance. Orchard Street entrance will not be used in order to prevent traffic by the seating area. Please refer to the picture below.
What should I bring?
- Your Bible
- A happy smiling face and heart of worship
- Lyrics for the songs (printed out or on your mobile device)
- Face masks to walk to and from your vehicle
- Lawn Chairs or blanket to sit down on
- Sun umbrella
- Beverages to remain hydrated
How can I register to attend?
We encourage you to register early to help with seating preparation. Registration online will open on Monday June 21st. You can register online by clicking the link below or by calling the office 519-753-5761 once you have completed our Covid screening procedures. If no one answers at the office line, please leave a message and indicate your name, phone number & number of people attending.
What’s going on moving forward?
God willing, we remain in Step 1 for the minimum amount of time and move on to Step 2 and 3 quickly. The capacity limits for indoor services are at 15% for Step 1, which limits us to 22 people. Limits for step 2 are not yet published by the BHCU as of yet. Hopefully that number increases. The Reopening Team will be gathering and making recommendations to Council in the next few days. Please expect to hear on reopening plans shortly for subsequent Sundays.
What can I do?
- Pray for God’s word to be proclaimed in our neighbourhood
- Pray for good weather
- Pray for our Pastors
- Pray for the teams setting up
- Pray for the technology to go well, both on site and the livestream
- If you would like to help with setup and teardown, please contact Will at email@example.com.
Church Office & Building
Please do not access the building without permission from Council. You can access the building by appointment only. Anyone accessing the building will be required to follow Qbc Covid policies and procedures.
Financial Support of the Church
UPDATE 3/25/2020: We now have instructions for giving via cash or cheque. See below.
It is a matter of integrity and Christian witness that our bills as a church continue to be paid. Roughly half of our church makes use of the PAR (Pre-Authorized Remittance) plan and for this giving tool we should be thankful. You are reminded as well of the on-line giving option.
To give via cash or cheque, please mail (do not drop off) your donation to Joyce, our Financial Secretary (address can be found in the church directory – contact us for a copy if you do not have one). We ask that you please do not lick your envelope to seal it, but use an envelope moistener or a small amount of water to moisten the seal instead.
Thank you for your diligence in worshiping through your ongoing tithes and offerings.
Please be aware of the people in our congregation who are elderly or who are living alone. The reality of “social distancing” can exacerbate feelings of loneliness and isolation. Please reach out (by phone, etc.) regularly to those brothers and sisters that the Spirit places on your heart if only to have one-to-one conversations and personal interactions.
Please continue to be in prayer for this entire situation. In particular, pray for healthcare workers who are on the front-lines of this pandemic. Pray for our government leaders to make appropriate and productive decisions. Pray for those facing increased hardships due to loss of work, social interactions and more. Pray that the church would be a lighthouse of hope and compassion in this difficult time.
Receipts & Cheques
All tax receipts and reimbursements cheques that were not picked up from church mailboxes prior to closure are being mailed to your home address.
Additional News & Updates
We are trying our hardest to keep everyone up to date in this very uncertain time. We will do our best to keep this page updated with the most essential information, but there will certainly be a variety of announcements made in the coming weeks pertaining to our various ministries. Please see our News & Updates page to subscribe to the various ways we send out news to our congregation.