We are seeking a Family Ministries Associate will fulfill two primary roles:
- Coordinate our Kids Camp Online summer program.
- Assist in the planning and operation of our QKids children’s ministry.
1. Coordinate our Kids Camp Online summer program.
Last summer due to COVID-19 we shifted our long-running summer Kids Camp program to an online format involving daily assembly videos, asynchronous daily activities, and a daily live-streamed closing celebration. For summer 2021 we intend to do something similar.
The Family Ministries Associate will coordinate Kids Camp Online under the supervision and mentoring of our Pastor of Family Ministries. We are seeking someone who has some experience with children’s ministry or children’s programming and can be flexible and adaptable considering the ever-changing nature of ministry during the pandemic. Tasks will involve volunteer recruitment, program development, coordination of supplies, managing registration, communication with parents, etc.
2. Assist in the planning and operation of our weekly QKids children’s ministry
The Family Ministries Associate will also work alongside the Pastor of Family Ministries to plan and operate our summer QKids children’s ministry. Currently QKids operates as a weekly pre-recorded worship service which is premiered on Sundays at 11:30, with a weekly Zoom-based connection and prayer time afterwards. The associate will record a weekly Bible teaching and help coordinate the other elements of the children’s ministry which may include crafts, games, and other mid-week activities.
3. Other Ministry Responsibilities
The dynamic nature of ministry may provide opportunities for the Family Ministries Associate to assist with other areas of ministry leadership which will be discussed as needed.
- Experience working with and/or teaching children.
- Competence working with computers including Microsoft Word, Excel, and social media.
- Someone who can work respectfully with teams of people from multiple generations.
- Education requirement: must have completed high school.
- Completion of a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and demonstration of that faith in lifestyle and character.
- We welcome candidates from any Christian tradition, but they must respect our Canadian Baptist statement of beliefs in public statements and teaching (https://baptist.ca/about/what-do-baptists-believe/).
QBC takes safety from COVID-19 very seriously and we honor government guidelines to prevent the spread of the disease. Unless there is a stay-at-home order, we generally expect staff to work from the church building, but we allow for flexibility to work remotely if required. Masks and social distancing are required in the church building when not working alone at your desk.
Canada Summer Jobs Eligibility Requirements
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs grant program. In accordance with the CSJ grant requirements, eligible candidates must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment; (note, however, that QBC’s requirement is that high school must have been completed)
- be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
Please note that being a student is no longer a requirement, as has been the case in years past.
Hours per week: 31
Hourly rate: $14.25
Start/End Dates: Monday, May 31, 2021 – Sunday, August 1, 2021
The 31 hours per week are generally expected to be divided into four 7-hour work days Monday-Friday (one day off) plus 3 hours on Sundays. However, hours may need to shift within the week due to ministry needs, so a spirit of flexibility is expected.
Application Submission Instructions:
To apply for the position, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com as attachments. No paper applications. The application deadline is Monday, May 24, 2021 at 11:59 PM EDT.
Queensway Baptist Church is an intergenerational congregation established in 1952 located in the Henderson residential area of Brantford, Ontario, Canada. We have approximately 80 members. Our mission is to sacrificially love Jesus and serve others together. We are affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec. Discover more about us at http://queensway.org.